Northwest HAZUS User Group (NWHUG)
- Washington State Emergency Management Division
- STARR Team Project Status (Check for FEMA Mapping Updates)
- NWHUG Linkedin Site
FEMA Region X
What We Do
The mission of the Northwest HAZUS User Group is to develop, collaborate, and coordinate with public, private, and educational organizations on HAZUS data, analysis, and products which will be used to better understand hazards and their impact to communities in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington.
· To champion and promote the use of HAZUS in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington
· To foster a network of HAZUS professionals in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington
· To advance opportunities for HAZUS training
· To incorporate HAZUS data into State, Tribal, and local hazard
· To share HAZUS best practices/failures with other HAZUS users
· To improve HAZUS and GIS data coordination in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington
· To use HAZUS in disaster response and recovery
News from Region X
- FEMA awards Port of Brookings more than $400K for dredging
SALEM, OR – Boaters at Port of Brookings in Curry County will be navigating deeper waters thanks to a $416,250 disaster recovery grant from the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
Damage to the harbor, the busiest recreational port in Oregon, resulted from severe weather of December 10, 2015. Soaking rains triggered heavy silt deposits shed by floodwaters from stream tributaries and a failed culvert. Thousands of cubic yards of materials settled on the harbor floor restricting boat access to the Ice House pier service area.English
- More than $2 million flows to Oregon for recovery projects
SALEM, Ore. –The Federal Emergency Management Agency announced today that it has awarded Oregon more than $2 million as a portion of the FEMA Public Assistance program allocation for recovery from the severe winter storms, straight-line winds, flooding, landslides and mudslides occurring December 6-23, 2015. This is one of several awards that are expected to be distributed as a result of the nearly month-long weather events.English
- FEMA provides federal funds to help fight Akawana fire
SEATTLE – The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has authorized the use of federal funds to help with firefighting costs for the Akawana fire burning in Jefferson County, Oregon.
FEMA Region X Deputy Regional Administrator Sharon Loper determined that the fire threatened such destruction as would constitute a major disaster. Loper approved the state of Oregon’s request for a federal Fire Management Assistance Grant (FMAG) at 8:44 p.m. PDT on June 8, 2016.English
HAZUS 2.1 Service Pack 3 is currently available and can be downloaded here
NWHUG now has a Linkedin Site. Please click here to join the group and get up to date WAHUG information.
NWHUG Meeting/Training Schedule:
2-Day Hazus Course
Camp Murray, Tacoma, WA
For course and registration information please click here