Washington HAZUS User Group (WAHUG)
- Washington State Emergency Management Division
- STARR Team Project Status (Check for FEMA Mapping Updates)
- WAHUG Linkedin Site
FEMA Region X
What We Do
The mission of the Washington HAZUS User Group is to develop, collaborate, and coordinate with public, private, and educational organizations on HAZUS data, analysis, and products which will be used to better understand hazards and their impact to communities in Washington.
· To champion and promote the use of HAZUS in Washington
· To foster a network of HAZUS professionals in Washington
· To advance opportunities for HAZUS training
· To incorporate HAZUS data into State, Tribal, and local hazard
· To share HAZUS best practices/failures with other HAZUS users
· To improve HAZUS and GIS data coordination in Washington
· To use HAZUS in disaster response and recovery
News from Region X
- FEMA and Partners Exercising Earthquake Scenarios
BOTHELL, Wash. – Why is there so much activity right now at the FEMA Region 10 office in Bothell?
Partners from the American Red Cross to the Bonneville Power Administration to the U.S. Army, and many others, are joining FEMA for what is known as a table-top exercise, planning for a larger full-scale exercise in March.English
- Federal Aid Programs for the State of Alaska Declaration
Following is a summary of key federal disaster aid programs that can be made available as needed and warranted under President Obama's disaster declaration issued for the State of Alaska.
Assistance for State, Tribal, and Affected Local Governments Can Include as Required:English
- President Declares Disaster for Alaska
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency announced that federal disaster aid has been made available to the State of Alaska and ordered federal aid to supplement state, tribal, and local recovery efforts in the area affected by severe storms, straight-line winds, and flooding during the period of November 5-14, 2013.English