Washington HAZUS User Group (WAHUG)
- Washington State Emergency Management Division
- STARR Team Project Status (Check for FEMA Mapping Updates)
- WAHUG Linkedin Site
FEMA Region X
What We Do
The mission of the Washington HAZUS User Group is to develop, collaborate, and coordinate with public, private, and educational organizations on HAZUS data, analysis, and products which will be used to better understand hazards and their impact to communities in Washington.
· To champion and promote the use of HAZUS in Washington
· To foster a network of HAZUS professionals in Washington
· To advance opportunities for HAZUS training
· To incorporate HAZUS data into State, Tribal, and local hazard
· To share HAZUS best practices/failures with other HAZUS users
· To improve HAZUS and GIS data coordination in Washington
· To use HAZUS in disaster response and recovery
News from Region X
- FEMA Corps Talks Disaster Preparedness with Mariners Fans
FEMA Corps team Gold 4 participated in the Seattle Mariners ‘Salute to Volunteers’ night Thursday, April 25th, 2013. The Gold 4 team talked to baseball fans about the importance of disaster preparedness. FEMA Corps members gave out information on how to create a disaster kit, start thinking about a disaster plan, and information on what to have on hand for pet owners in times of natural disaster.English
- FEMA Corps Team Gold 4 Helps Seattle Residents Prepare For Disaster
FEMA Corps team Gold 4 joined forces, Saturday, April 20, 2013 with Seattle Emergency Management, Earth Corps and the Nature Consortium at Pigeon Point Park to celebrate Duwamish Alive!
FEMA Corps answered questions about emergency preparedness and gave out information on everything from disaster kits to the risks inherent in the Pacific Northwest. They also gave information on how to reduce these risks. FEMA Corps helped spread information on simple steps for personal, family, and pet preparedness.English
- Getting Youth Prepared!
Calling all community and faith-based organizations; youth development leaders; educators; leaders of after-school, extracurricular, weekend, and camp programs; and, emergency management and preparedness professionals interested in youth programs! FEMA Region X and the American Red Cross (ARC), Western Washington Chapters, will be co-sponsoring free workshops in May on how your organization can easily incorporate emergency readiness into your programs.English
HAZUS 2.1 Service Pack 1 is currently avaialble. Information on the latest update can be found here here
WAHUG now has a Linkedin Site. Please click here to join the group and get up to date WAHUG information.
WAHUG Meeting/Training Schedule:
University of Washington
May 10th 1:00-5:00
For course and registration information please go here.